What is Canvas Studio?
Canvas Studio is a video and screen capture service within Canvas which is free to all CSUF faculty and students.
- upload videos and set them to receive automatic captions (or upload a captions SRT file),
- create video with your web cam or screen capture,
- create computer-generated captions for greater access,
- allow students to view and comment on the timeline of the video,
- track which students watch the video and for how long,
- use videos/audio across multiple courses,
- embed a video into a Discussion or Page
- create quiz questions for students to take as they are watching the video which will report to the gradebook, and
- share videos with other instructors.
Introduction to Canvas Studio
- Canvas Studio for higher education webpage (by Instructure)How do I request computer-generated captions for my video in Canvas Studio?
- How do I access Canvas Studio? (by Instructure)
- Studio Guide Table of Contents (by Instructure)
- Canvas Studio Video Management Tool (by Emory)
Upload video or audio.
- How do I record a video with a webcam in Canvas Studio? (by Instructure)
Record screen (screen capture).
- How do I record a screen capture video in Canvas Studio? (by Instructure)
Create computer-generated captions.
Comment on the video timeline.
- How do I add comments or replies to media in Canvas Studio? (by Instructure)
Track student participation.
Create Video quiz.
Embed a video in a Discussion (or Page).
Share video with a colleague.
- How do I share media with a user in Canvas Studio? (by Instructure)
- How do I share a collection in Canvas Studio? (by Instructure)
Add video to Assignment.
- Student: How to submit video assignment (by Instructure)
- How do I submit Canvas Studio media as a Text Entry assignment as a student? (by Instructure)
You have now learned about Canvas Studio.