How do I request computer-generated captions for my video in Canvas Studio?
You will learn how to request computer-generated captions for your video which you have uploaded to Canvas Studio. This guide will also show you how to edit those captions before publishing them.
1. Locate on your video in Canvas Studio.
2. Hover your mouse over the thumbnail and click on View.
3. Click on Captions tab.
4. Click on Request.
5. Use the dropdown to select English as the language.
6. Video is queued.
7. You will receive an email.
Don't click on the link in the email, as it likely will not work for CSUF faculty. Instead, just return to the video in Studio.
8. Use the Three Dots menu to select Review and Publish.
9. Click in the field where the captions need to be edited.
Be sure that the captions make sense for someone with low hearing or a student with the sound turned off or in a room too loud to hear well. Captions are also great if the audio is unclear or the quality poor.
10. In the Caption Text field, type in the correct text.
11. Click on Save.
12. Click on Publish finished editing.
You have now learned how to request computer-generated captions for your video in Canvas Studio. To access the captions, click on the Gear icon and select English.