How do I embed a Studio video with quiz into an Assignment?
You will learn how to embed a Studio video with a quiz into an Assignment in your course in Canvas.
Why do this? Adding a small quiz to your video will encourage students to more closely watch and learn from your videos and will allow you to track how well they are paying attention to those videos.
1. Click on the title of your Assignment.
2. Click on Edit.
3. Scroll down and select External Tool for Submission Type.
4. Click on Find.
5. Click on Canvas Studio.
6. Navigate to your video.
Tip: This video is actually linked from YouTube. However, you can upload directly to Studio or link YouTube videos.
7. Hover over the video and click on Select.
8. Click on Video Quiz Embed.
9. Select the appropriate quiz (if you have more than one).
10. Decide whether to allow comments.
11. Click on Embed.
12. Click on Select.
13. Click on Save & Publish.
You have now learned how to embed a Studio video with a quiz into an Assignment in your course in Canvas.
Note: Using the Test Student in your course to verify what this assignment will look like for a student will not work as many External tools do not function properly using the Canvas Test Student.