How do I create a clip of my video in ShareStream?
You will learn how to create one or more clips of your video for use in your course in Canvas.
For example, if you want your students to view a clip of a video rather than the entire video, this feature can help you do that.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded at least one video (or OET has uploaded a video for you).
1. Log in to the ShareStream MediaManager.
Go to https://fullerton.sharestream.net/ssdcms/mainPage.do to access the ShareStream MediaManager.
2. Click on Login.
3. Enter your CSUF Portal login username and password.
4. Complete the DUO authorization using your mobile phone.
5. Navigate to where your video is.
If you don't know which course it is in, you can type the name of the video in the Search box to find its location.
Note that this video is located in the "Learning in ShareStream in Canvas 2" course.
6. Right-mouse click on the desired video.
7. Select Create Video-Clips from the menu.
8. Click on the Play button to preview the video.
Previewing the video will help you to get the start and end time codes.
9. Type a title for the clip.
10. Type the Start time code for the clip.
The time code format is two digits for the hour, a colon, two digits for the minutes, a colon, then two digits for the seconds.
So, to start at the beginning of the video, use the time code of 00:00:00.
To start of 25 minutes into the video, use the time code of 00:25:00.
11. Type an End time code for the clip.
In this sample, the clip is set to end at 10 minutes into the video, so the end time code is 00:10:00. To end the clip at one hour, 5 minutes, and 19 seconds, use the time code of 01:05:19.
12. Click on Save.
13. Click on OK.
14. The clip is now listed in your course folder.
The captions will work in the Pick n Play and in the Rich Content Editor, but not in the MediaManager.
This clip can now be used by you or your students in the Pick-n-Play block or embedded into a Page, Discussion or Assignment in your course. Follow one of these guides:
You have now learned how to create a clip of your video file in ShareStream for use in your course in Canvas.