How do I create a screen capture or webcam video in Studio?
You will learn how to create a screen capture with audio and webcam in Canvas Studio. That screen capture can then be embedded in the Rich Content Editor in a Page, Assignment, Discussion or Quiz.
1. Log in to Canvas and click on the Studio icon.
2. Click on Record.
3. Select Screen Capture.
4. Tick the box to always allow.
You might not have this tick box. It depends upon which browser you are using and whether you have other screen recorders installed. If you have a different screen recorder installed, you will need to click on Choose a different application then navigate to that app.
5. Click on Open Link.
6. Click on the Gear icon.
7. Change the selections as desired such as screen only, webcam only or both.
8. Test that the audio works.
Talking into the mic should cause the green bars to appear.
9. Click on the Record button.
10. Click on the Pause button when you are finished narrating.
11. Type a title and description (if desired) for the video.
12. Click on Edit.
If you do not want to do any editing, then simply click on the Upload button instead and continue from there.
14. Adjust the bar and click on OK.
15. Repeat in order to trim the back end off the video.
16. There are lots of tools you can use by clicking on the Tools button.
17. Decide whether to keep the cursor visible, add music, etc.
18. Click on Done.
19. Click on Upload.
20. Click on Continue.
21. Your new video is now in your Studio library.
You can then embed the video in a Page, Discussion, Assignment or Quiz. You can also make a quiz for the video as a quick knowledge check.
Don't forget to set Canvas Studio to auto-create captions.
You have now learned how to create a screen capture recording in Canvas Studio.