How do I import a QTI question bank or quiz into Respondus?
You will learn how to import a QTI-packaged quiz (which you have exported from Canvas) into Respondus where you can edit, print preview, print, and/or re-upload to your Canvas course.
1. Open the Respondus program on your PC.
2. Use the dropdown menu to select IMS QTI.
3. Click on Import Questions.
4. Click on Browse to navigate to your QTI ZIP file.
5. Use the dropdown menu to select 'Zipped IMS QTI package (.zip).
6. Double-click the zip package.
7. Type a name for the quiz.
Tip: Give the quiz a name that is meaningful to you, like "SPAN 101 Chapter 1 Quiz" or "MKTG 351 Intro to Marketing".
8. Click on Preview.
9. If the imported file is valid, you will see the list of questions in the zip file.
In addition, to the preview of the questions, you should see a message of "Imported successfully".
10. Click on Finish.
11. The questions are now in Respondus.
Tip: QTI version 1.1.3 is the current version which Respondus can create; however, Canvas New Quizzes requires a newer version, so Respondus can only package a QTI for Classic Quizzes, not New Quizzes. To upload a quiz to New Quizzes, use the Canvas Personality instead.
You have now learned how to import a QTI-packaged quiz into Respondus.