How do I use the Respondus Canvas Personality to upload a quiz directly to my course?
You will learn how to use the Respondus Canvas Personality to upload your Respondus test bank or exam to your course in Canvas (this guide is for uploading to a single course).
This procedure will create a Classic Quiz in your course in Canvas.
Once an exam or survey is created in Respondus, the Preview + Publish menu lets you determine what to do with the file. When the questions are ready to be uploaded, the Publish task connects Respondus to the LMS server and transfers the exam or survey to it.
1. After opening your Respondus file, make sure that Canvas is selected for your Current Personality.
2. Click on Preview + Publish.
3. Click on Publish.
4. Click on Publish Wizard.
5. Select Publish to single course.
6. Select - add new server - .
7. Select Yes.
Note: You may also configure the settings yourself.
8. Click on Next.
9. Select CSUF Canvas
10. Click on OK.
11. Type a name.
Type any name you like. It doesn't matter.
12. Type your username and password.
13. Tick Remember if desired.
Only tick this box, if you want Respondus to be able to remember your username and password.
14. Click on Next.
15. Click on OK.
16. Click on OK.
This is to download and install an additional module for Respondus. You will only need to do this one time.
17. Log in to the CSUF Portal page.
18. Click on Authorize.
19. Click on OK.
If you have this error message, then you will need to uninstall Respondus and then reinstall.
20. Select assessment type.
For this guide, we are leaving it on the default of Graded Quiz.
21. Type a name for the quiz.
22. Decide on the Other options.
Since we are intending to upload a question bank and have a quiz created automatically, we will leave these two items unticked.
The value in using Question Groups is if you want to have a random draw from the question bank. You can do this when you create more questions than you want students to take.
23. Click on Next.
24. Click on the desired course.
25. Click on Next.
26. Click on Finish.
27. The quiz is now in the course.
- How Do I Import Test Items with Tables and/or Graphics into Respondus 4.0 from a MS Word Document?
- How do I import Test Items into Respondus from a plain text file?
- How do I use the Respondus Canvas Personality to upload a quiz directly to my course?
- How do I export a test or items from Respondus to a file?
You have now learned how to use Respondus to directly upload your quiz to your course in Canvas.