How do I use Proctorio in a New Quizzes quiz?
You will learn how to use Proctorio for a New Quizzes quiz in your Canvas course. Use this other guide for a Classic Quizzes quiz.
1. Create your New Quizzes quiz.
Follow this guide to learn how to create a New Quizzes quiz.
2. Click on the Three dots menu.
3. Select Build.
4. Click on Settings.
5. Click on Time limit.
Proctorio requires a time limit.
6. Set the number of minutes.
7. Click on Enable Proctorio.
Note: If this setting does not appear, try to refresh the page. Sometimes it takes a few tries.
8. Do not attempt to change the access code.
Note: This access code is now controlled by Proctorio and you should not give it to students nor try to change it.
9. Click on Proctorio Settings.
10. Adjust the Proctorio settings as desired.
Note that the Clear Cache feature does not work with New Quizzes. Please make sure that Clear Cache is not selected.
11. Click on Return.
12. Your quiz name has been changed to indicate it is proctored.
Your quiz should now be ready to go. If you have any issues, or need additional assistance, contact Proctorio Support.
To utilize the Proctorio Support, you must have the browser extension installed and be in your course that has the Secure Exam Proctor (Proctorio) menu item enabled.
1. Click on the Extensions icon.
Note: This is for the Chrome browser. Other browsers might have the extension somewhere else.
2. Click on Proctorio.
3. Click on Live Chat or Help and Support Center.
You have now learned how to add Proctorio to your New Quizzes quiz.