How do I create an H5P in my course using External Tool?
You will learn how to create an H5P interaction using the External Tool option in your course in Canvas.
1. Log in to Canvas and navigate to your Sandbox from the Dashboard.
2. Click the Modules link from the course navigation menu, if you are not already on the Modules page.
3. Click Add Module or click on Create a new Module.
4. Type a title for the new Module.
Type any name that helps you organize your instructional content.
5. Click on Add Module.
6. Click on the + icon to add content.
7. Select External Tool.
There are several ways to add an H5P interaction to your course. This method shown here is simply one way to add an H5P interaction to a course which will not report to the gradebook. To learn how to create an H5P interaction that reports to the gradebook, take a look at the guide on how to add an H5P interaction which reports to the gradebook.
8. Select H5P.
9. Click on the Add Content button.
Tip: once you have created some interactions in H5P, you will see a list of them below and can even search for a desired interaction to add to any of your courses in Canvas.
10. Type "true" in the search field or scroll down the page to True/False Question.
For this guide, we are simply going to create a quick True/False Question interaction, but you can select to create any type that you want.
11. Click on True/False Question.
12. Type a title for the interaction.
For example, if the interaction is learning about Napoleon, then type a title relevant to that.
13. Type a statement.
14. Select either True or False as the correct answer.
15. Click on Save and Insert.
16. Click on Add Item.
If this is your first time using H5P, you have now activated your personal H5P account for Cal State Fullerton. H5P will now be synchronized with Canvas across your Cal State Fullerton Canvas courses and domain. If you encounter any difficulties, contact [email protected]
17. When you click on the H5P interaction you just created, you always have the choice to edit it.
- Examples and Downloads (h5p.org) - to see examples of each type of H5P interaction.
- Content author guide (h5p.org) - to learn how to make each type of H5P interaction.
You have now learned how to create or add an H5P interaction to your course using the External Tool option in Canvas.