How do I create an H5P Interaction that will report to my gradebook?
You will learn how to create an H5P interaction which will report the students' scores to your gradebook in Canvas. We will insert an H5P interaction into an Assignment.
1. Log in to Canvas and navigate to your course from the Dashboard.
2. Click on the + icon to add content.
3. Select Assignment.
4. Click on Create Assignment.
5. Type a title.
6. Click on Add Item.
7. Click on the title of the new assignment.
8. Click on Edit.
9. Type how many points to assign.
This number does not have to be the same number of questions or points within the H5P interaction that you are going to use or build.
10. Select External Tool from the Submission Type dropdown menu.
11. Click on Find.
12. Select H5P from the list.
13. Click on the Add Content button.
Tip: once you have created some interactions in H5P, you will see a list of them below and can even search for a desired interaction to add to any of your courses in Canvas.
14. Type "true" in the search field or scroll down the page to True/False Question.
For this guide, we are simply going to create a quick True/False Question interaction, but you can select to create any type that you want.
15. Click on True/False Question.
16. Type a title for the interaction.
For example, if the interaction is learning about Napoleon, then type a title relevant to that.
17. Type a statement.
18. Select either True or False as the correct answer.
19. Click on Save and Insert.
20. Click on Select.
21. Decide how many attempts you are going to allow.
22. Click on Save & Publish.
23. The H5P interaction displays within the Assignment.
- Examples and Downloads (h5p.org) - to see examples of each type of H5P interaction.
- Content author guide (h5p.org) - to learn how to make each type of H5P interaction.
You have now learned how to create a basic H5P interaction and add it to an Assignment in your course in Canvas.