How do I edit video captions in YouTube?
You will learn how to edit the auto-generated captions YouTube can create for your video.
Follow these steps after you have uploaded, set English as the language of your video, and YouTube has auto-generated the captions for your video.
1. After signing in, click on your account icon.
2. Click on YouTube Studio.
3. Click on the Videos icon along the left-hand side
4. Click on the desired video clip.
5. Click on Duplicate and Edit.
6. Click on Continue.
7. Edit the text of the auto generated captions as desired.
As you can see there are quite a number of things to edit in the auto generated captions.
8. When you are finished correcting the text, click on Publish.
9. The edited captions now display in the video when played.
You have now learned how to edit the auto-generated captions in YouTube.