How do I add comments in the Turnitin Feedback Studio?
You will learn how to create comments in your Turnitin assignment which students can then view. The types of comments include highlighting text from the student's work, pointing out grammar and punctuation mistakes where they occur within the paper, and providing an overall evaluation via text or audio recording.
You must have already created a Turnitin assignment within your course and at least one student must have already submitted a paper.
1. Click on the Turnitin assignment link within your course.
In this case, the Turnitin assignment is called Response Paper (Turnitin).
You will be taken to the "Assignment Inbox" within the Turnitin container.
2. Click on the Pencil icon to select a paper to grade.
When you click on the Pencil icon, the title of the paper, or the similarity report icon, the Feedback Studio will open in a new window.
3. The Feedback Studio opens in a new tab.
Follow these steps to learn how to add Quickmarks to the student's paper.
1. Click on the Quickmarks icon.
2. The Quickmarks panel opens.
3. Drag a comment anywhere onto the paper.
4. Use the dropdown menu to select other comments.
5. Select Format.
6. Format comments display for you to choose from.
Follow these steps to learn how to add your own comments to the student's paper.
1. Click anywhere on the paper where you want to make a comment.
2. Click on the Comment icon.
3. Type a comment.
4. Click on Assign Criterion.
This option is only available if you have a rubric attached to this Turnitin assignment.
5. Click somewhere else on the paper.
6. A speech bubble will appear on the paper.
After grading and commenting are finished, students will see the various icons showing the different types of comments after the Feedback date has passed.
7. Click on the speech bubble to view or edit your comment.
You will learn how to create a general comment for the student submission.
1. Click on the Feedback Summary icon.
2. Leave an audio or text comment.
Tip: The maximum time for an audio comment is 3 minutes.
You have now learned how to use the Feedback Studio to create useful comments on a student's paper within a Turnitin assignment.