Student: How do I upload a video to Canvas Studio, create a link, and post the link in an Assignment?
You will learn how to upload a video you have created (using PowerPoint, Zoom, your iPad or iPhone, etc.), add captions to your video, create a link for the video, and post the link in an Assignment submission.
1. Click on the Studio icon.
2. Click on Add.
Or, you can drag and drop your video file.
3. Click on Browse Files.
If desired, you can link a video in YouTube into your Canvas Studio.
4. Navigate to where your video is located on your computer.
5. Double-click the video.
Or, click on the video and then click on Open.
6. Wait for the video to upload.
7. Click on the Three Dots menu.
8. Select Share Media.
9. Click on the Links tab.
10. Click on Create Public Link.
11. Select the link URL.
12. Right mouse click on the link and select Copy.
Or, use Ctrl+c.
13. Click on Done.
14. Return to your course Assignment and click on the link.
15. Click on Start Assignment
16. Right mouse click in the Textbox and select Paste.
17. Type any comments or text and click on Submit Assignment.
18. Click on Submission Details.
Follow these steps as a best practice after submitting any Assignment to verify that you submitted what you think you submitted.
19. Click on the link to view the video.
20. The video should open in a new tab.
You have now learned how to upload a video to your Canvas Studio account, request auto captions, edit those captions, create a link for the video, and post that link to an Assignment.