How do I add a new section to my course?
You will learn how to add a new section to your course.
1. Enter your course.
2. Click on Settings in the Course Navigation.
3. Click on the Settings tab.
4. Type a name for the new section.
Tip: you can make the name reflect the purpose of the section as a reminder for you as to why you have a second section in your course. In this case, the reason is so that a student with an Incomplete can finish an assignment after the end of a course term.
5. Click on + Section.
Now that you have a new section in your course, what do you want to do with it?
Follow these steps to add students to this new section.
1. Click on the People link.
2. Click on the + People button.
3. Type the student's email address.
4. Select the new section you just created from the Section dropdown menu.
If these students should only interact with students in this section, you should tick the box called "Can interact with users in their section only".
5. Click on the Next button.
6. Click on the Add Users button.
Follow these steps to assign an Assignment or Quiz to the new section you just created.
1. Click on the Assignment or Quiz from the Modules page, Assignments page or Quiz page.
2. Click on Edit.
3. Scroll down to the Assign section and click on +Add.
4. Select the new section in the Assign to dropdown menu.
5. Click on Save.
If you want to add the Due date or availability dates, you can do that now before clicking on the Save button.
You have now learned how to create a new section for your course.