How do I schedule appointments with students (Appointment Group)?
You will learn how to add a group of time slots to your course calendar which will allow your students to sign up for an appointment with you.
1. Within your course, click on View Calendar.
2. Note that only this one course is selected to display.
3. Click on the + sign.
4. Click on the Appointment Group tab.
5. Type a title for the series of sign up appointments.
6. Select the Calendar icon and click on the date of the first meeting.
7. Type the time range.
Note: Unlike most of the time parameters for Canvas, this Calendar uses a 24-hour clock.
8. Add in the remaining dates and times.
9. Select the correct number of minutes for each appointment.
10. Click on Go.
11. Notice that your timeslots are now segmented.
12. Type a location.
In this example, a Zoom link is posted but as the meeting location.
13. Click on Select Calendars.
14. Tick the box for the correct calendar.
15. Click on Done.
16. Tick the box if you want to limit the number of students who can sign up.
17. Decide whether to tick the box to allow other students to see who signed up.
18. Types some details if desired and click on Publish.
19. Your Calendar now displays your time slots.
You have now learned how to set up sign ups on your course calendar for your students to schedule appointments with you.