How do I scan student Scantron answer sheets using ParScore?
You will learn how to scan student Scantron forms using ParScore and the Scantron scanner.
Follow these steps after you have created a course, added a Score column, and scanned (or manually entered) an Answer Key.
1. In ParScore, open your course from within the Course List.
2. Click on the Scoring tab.
3. On the Scoring tab, select the appropriate test.
4. Check 'Inspect Multiple Marks' and 'Inspect Omitted Marks' boxes.
Checking these two boxes can give you a chance to quickly inspect a student's answer sheet for errors or for cheating.
Inspect Multiple Marks: The scanner will halt when multiple answers are bubbled for the same question, giving you the opportunity to inspect and, if necessary, correct the student's error. This also helps prevent one method of cheating.
Inspect Omitted Marks: The scanner will halt when it encounters a question with no bubbled answer. You can then manually add the answer if the bubbling is too light for the scanner or you can accept the lack of an answer.
With those two boxes checked, the scanner will most likely halt at some point in the scan.
5. Check the Auto Enrollment box.
Check Auto Enrollment check box. This will capture the student's name and ID for your roster.
6. Place the student answer forms with Side 1 facing up in the scanner.
When loading forms, first push the tray down, then place the forms into the tray and push the tray again to let it pop back up.
7. Click on the Score button.
8. Click the End button when you have finished scanning the last form.
9. Press the End button on the scanner.
10. Click the Roster tab to see the results.
Remember, you can sort the data in each column by clicking on the column header.
You have now learned how to scan student Scantron forms using ParScore and the Scantron scanner.