How do I create test items in Respondus 4.0 for exporting to my course in Canvas?
In this article you are going to learn the steps to begin creating test questions in Respondus 4.0 for the purpose of porting questions to Canvas
1. On the Start menu, set the Current Personality dropdown menu to Canvas.
Note: it is essential to choose the correct format; otherwise, you may have considerable difficulty converting your test to the proper format to upload it to your course.
2. Select Create to create a new Respondus file.
3. Type a Name of File.
5. Click on OK.
6. The screen automatically changes to the Edit menu and displays the form used to author and add questions to the file.
7. From the list of Item Types located on the left-hand side of the screen, select the desired Item Type.
In this sample, we will demonstrate a Multiple Choice question type.
10. Type in the answer and the detractors.
11. Select which answer is the correct one.
12. Type the point value for this question.
13. When you have finished filling in the information for the Multiple Choice form, click the "Add To End of List" button.
The question will be added to the Question List found at the bottom of the screen.
14. From the Question list, right-mouse click the question to preview, edit, delete, move, duplicate, etc.
15. To add more items, click the Clear Form button.
Then select the desired Question Type and complete the form as discussed above in order to create a new question.
In this article you have learned the steps to begin creating test questions in Respondus 4.0 for the purpose of porting questions to Canvas.