How do I create a URL course menu item?
You will learn how to create a URL link in the course menu of a Canvas course.
1. Enter your course in Canvas and click on the settings course navigation menu item.
2. Open the Apps tab.
3. Type "redirect" in the filter box.
Redirect is the app that allows you to easily create a customized course navigation menu item.
4. Click on the Redirect tool.
5. Click the "+ Add App" button.
6. Configure app settings.
- For Name, enter the name you want to appear in the course menu.
- For URL Redirect, enter a valid web address.
- Check the "Show in Course Navigation" box.
- Click "Add App"
Some websites require that they open in a new tab to work successfully. Also, a new tab allows users to keep their current browser tab within canvas active.
7. Click "Home" in the course navigation.
The link will not activate until you refresh the browser page or browse to another section of the course.
8. Test the link.
Click the course menu item. Confirm it browses to the correct web address.
You have just learned how to add a URL link to the navigation menu of your course in Canvas.