How do I attach a file to my Assignment?
You will learn how to attach a file in an Assignment you are creating for your students in your course in Canvas.
1. Follow a guide to create a new Assignment.
3. Click on Edit.
4. Type some text into the editor.
This is the text we will use to create a hyperlink to the file we are going to upload. Likewise, it is not required to type in any text. If you follow this guide but do not type in any text, the name of the file will be inserted into the text box with the hyperlink.
5. Select some text to use as a hyperlink.
6. Click on the Document upload icon.
7. Drag and drop the file to the upload area.
8. Click on Submit.
9. Click on Link Options.
If you do not see the Link Options button, click once on the hyperlink and the Link Options button should display.
10. Decide whether you want the file to automatically display on the webpage.
The tick box for "Automatically open an in-line preview" is checked, so that the document will display on the webpage. However, that is not necessary - simply an option.
11. Click on Done.
12. Click on Save.
13. The file is now set to display on the webpage.
Likewise, you (or your students) can click on the hyperlink to open the file in a new window.
You have now learned how to add a file attachment to an Assignment. This method can likewise be added to any Quiz, Discussion post, or Page.