How do I upload a SCORM activity to my course in Canvas?
You will learn how to add a SCORM packaged activity to your course in Canvas and have it report to your gradebook.
If your SCORM package is still in your course in TITANium, please read this guide to learn how to download it.
1. Log on to Canvas by clicking the icon from your University Portal.
2. Click on the name of the course where you want to add the SCORM package.
3. Click the Settings navigation item.
4. Click on the Navigation tab.
5. Scroll down the page and drag the SCORM icon to the upper column in order to enable it.
6. Click Save.
7. Click the SCORM navigation item.
9. Select the SCORM zip package.
10. Click on Open.
11. Wait while your SCORM package uploads.
14. Click on the Open assignment icon.
15. Click on Edit Assignment Settings.
16. Adjust the name of the assignment if desired.
17. Add a description if desired.
18. Set the number of points to report to the gradebook.
Note: for some SCORM packages, you need to match the points in the assignment to the number of possible points within the SCORM lesson. Some SCORM lessons use a percentage (out of 100) instead of reporting points, so you should test this setting with a student user/test user as you may need to adjust it before offering this assignment to your students.
19. Decide which Assignment Group to use.
All assignments within the gradebook are categorized. Select the category you want or create a new one.
20. Decide how you want the grade to display in the gradebook.
21. Decide whether to have this assignment count toward the course total.
If you check this box, then this assignment will not count toward your course total.
22. Decide whether to open this SCORM package in a new window.
You should test this option with your particular SCORM-based lesson. Some display better in their own tab; others display just fine embedded in the Canvas web page.
23. Decide how many attempts students can have.
Choices include Unlimited and Limited. If you select Limited, you can then decide how many attempts.
Alert! Canvas and SoftChalk lessons have an issue where the student's first attempt never finishes and the second attempt never begins. So, in effect students only have one attempt. However, if you are using a SCORM package other than SoftChalk, it may allow multiple attempts.
24. Decide whether this is for everyone or just for select users or groups.
By default, the assignment is set for Everyone. However, you can set the assignment so only groups of students or individual students will see this assignment.
25. Add a Due date if desired.
26. Add availability dates, if desired.
28. Click on Save & Publish.
If you are not ready to make this assignment visible to students, click on Save instead of Save & Publish.
29. The SCORM assignment is now ready for students.
You have now learned how to upload a SCORM packaged lesson to your course in Canvas and have it report to your gradebook.