How do I add a page or cartridge to my course from Canvas Commons?
You will learn about importing course materials into your course from Canvas Commons.
1. Click "Commons" in the Canvas global navigation.
2. If this is your first time accessing Canvas Commons, you will be prompted to authorize the app.
Click "Authorize" to allow Canvas to log you in to the Commons.
3. Locate a Resource in Commons.
CSUF featured content will appear near the top of the list. For this example we will use the "Canvas Support Resources for CSUF Students" page.
Courses, modules, assignments, quizzes, discussions, pages, or files can be imported from Commons with these steps. Additional details about Commons are available in the Canvas Commons Guide.
Using search can help as well. Here we searched for "csuf students".
4. Click the resource title.
6. Select the course(s) you would like to add the resource to.
8. Check the Pages section in the Canvas course.
In the Canvas course, click "Pages" in the course navigation. When the download is complete, you will see "Canvas Support Resources for Students" in the list of pages.
The page has been added to the course pages container, however a link to the page should also be added to the course modules navigation.
10. Change "Assignment" in the Add option box to "Page".
11. Select the page.
12. Click "Add Item".
You have learned how to add a resource from Canvas Commons to your course.