How do I embed a YouTube video in my quiz?
You will learn how to embed a YouTube video in your quiz. Embedding a video in a quiz can be used to give video instructions or to provide a video within the question prompt for students to respond with a video or audio of their own or in some other way.
Follow these steps after you have already created your Classic Quizzes quiz instance and are ready to create a question with a video in it.
1. Click on + New Question.
Note that we are on the Questions tab within our quiz.
2. In a new tab, navigate to your YouTube video you want to use in this question.
3. Click on Share.
4. Click on Embed.
5. Click on Enable privacy-enhanced mode.
6. Click on Copy.
7. Returning to your quiz set up tab, click on the Embed icon.
8. Paste the embed code you copied from YouTube.
9. Click on Submit.
10. Finish your prompt and answer choices.
11. Click on Update Question.
12. The question with the YouTube video embedded is ready to go.
Follow these steps to embed a YouTube video in a question in a New Quizzes quiz after you have created the quiz instance and are ready to create a new question.
1. Click on the Three dots menu.
Or, click on the title of the quiz.
2. Select Build.
3. Click on the + button.
4. Select the question type that you want to build.
5. In a new tab, navigate to your YouTube video you want to use in this question.
6. Click on Share.
7. Click on Embed.
8. Click on Enable privacy-enhanced mode.
9. Click on Copy.
10. Returning to your quiz set up, click on the Insert/Edit Media icon.
11. Click on the Embed tab.
12. Paste the YouTube embed code.
13. Click on Ok.
14. Click on Done.
15. Click on Attach a question and create the questions that go along with the video prompt.
16. The Stimulus prompt and set of questions are now ready.
You have now learned how to embed a YouTube video into a Classic Quizzes quiz question and in a New Quizzes quiz question.