How do I override the LATE message in the gradebook?
You will learn that with some external tools like VoiceThread, a student's submission may get marked in the Canvas gradebook as 'Late" even though the student submitted it on time.
This phenomenon may occur when you have an Assignment in your course with a Due date. Now, if you grade that assignment after the due date, the student submission will be marked late (based on the date you added the comments and grade rather than on the date the student actually completed or submitted the assignment). This is a known issue in Canvas.
Student view showing LATE assignment.
Follow these steps to override or remove the Late notice.
1. Enter your gradebook by clicking on the Grades navigation link.
2. Click on the light blue colored cell.
This light blue color denotes a late student submission.
3. Click on the arrow in the box.
4. Click on the radio button for None.
5. Click on the X.
6. Note that this cell is no longer blue.
7. Article Summary
You have now learned how to override a Late submission notice in the gradebook.