How do I link my SoftChalk Cloud lesson to my course in Canvas?
You will learn how to add your SoftChalk Cloud lesson to an Assignment in your course in Canvas.
1. After logging in to SoftChalk Cloud, click on the lesson you want to use.
2. Scroll down the page to the LTI Link.
3. Copy the URL in the LTI Link field.
4. Within your course, click on Edit for the desired Assignment.
5. Make sure that the points in the lesson match the points selected in the Points field for the Assignment.
For example, the SoftChalk lesson has 10 points and so does this Assignment in this course.
6. Select External Tool for the Submission Type.
7. Paste the LTI Link text in the URL field.
Conversely, you may instead click on the Find button, select SoftChalk Cloud from the list, then select the desired lesson. Either way will work.
8. Click on Save & Publish.
9. The ScoreCenter will display for you in the Assignment.
If you see the SoftChalk ScoreCenter then you have properly linked your SoftChalk Cloud lesson to this Assignment.
Student view of this assignment.
When a student clicks on the assignment, the SoftChalk lesson will open within the assignment. The student's score within the lesson will report to the gradebook based on the points in the lesson and in the assignment.
You have now learned how to add a SoftChalk Cloud lesson to an assignment in your course.