How do I download the student roster with email addresses for my course in Canvas?
You will learn how to run, download, and view a New Analytics report from your course in Canvas.
You can download reports for missing assignments, late assignments, excused assignments, the class roster, and course activity.
NOTE: Report data may be delayed by 24 hours; however, Course Activity Report data may be delayed by 40 hours.
1. Enter your Course.
In Global Navigation, click the Courses link , then click the name of the course .
2. Click on New Analytics.
Note: If you cannot view the New Analytics link, you may have to make the link visible via the Navigation tab using the settings link.
3. Click on the Reports tab.
The following reports are available:
- Missing Assignments : a list of assignments that have not been submitted yet
- Late Assignments : a list of assignments that have been submitted late
- Excused Assignments : a list of assignments that are excused
- Class Roster : a list of students enrolled in the course or section with student contact information such as email and SIS ID
- Course Activity : a list of daily user views and participation
Note: The Course Activity Report only includes course activity data for the past 14 days.
Let's use the Class Roster Report as a sample.
The Class Roster report will allow you to download a CSV (you can use Excel to open) with all of your students' names, ID numbers, and email addresses.
4. Click on the Run button for the Class Roster row.
5. Click on Run Report .
Canvas will create and export to the Downloads folder a CSV file .
6. Go to your Downloads folder and click on the class roster report.
7. View the Class Roster report in Excel.
The Class Roster report will be open in Excel or any other spreadsheet application. You can edit and re-save the CSV file.
Remember that this is confidential information and you should be careful with it.
You have now learned how to run, download, and view a New Analytics report from your course in Canvas.