How do I setup a Flipgrid assignment in Canvas?
You will learn how to setup an Assignment in your course which will connect with Filpgrid allowing you to grade student Flipgrid submissions in the SpeedGrader in your course.
1. Create a new Assignment in your course.
Follow this guide on how to create an Assignment in your course.
2. Click on the link for the Assignment you want to use.
Tip: The name of the Assignment in Canvas will copy over to Flipgrid with the same name.
3. Click on Edit.
4. Scroll down to the Submission Type section of the Assignment.
5. Select External Tool.
6. Click on Find.
7. Scroll down to Flipgrid and click on it.
8. Click on Select.
9. Click on Save & Publish.
10. Click on Create a Course Group.
Note that the Flipgrid website should appear just below the description for your Assignment. If it does not, try refreshing the web page.
11. Your Assignment is now fully connected to Flipgrid.
12. Here is the student view.
Students do not need to register for Flipgrid. Instead, they can simply click on Add Response and begin recording a video.
You have now learned how to setup an Assignment in your course which is connected to Flipgrid. This will allow students to submit videos and you can then grade them in the SpeedGrader.