What is Blackboard Ally for Canvas?
Blackboard Ally is software integrated with Canvas which offers faculty guidance on how to improve the accessibility of their course documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), so that students can more easily access them and the information they contain.
Blackboard Ally has two main features:
- A guide to assist faculty to make their documents (Word, PowerPoint, PDF) more inclusive. The guide can help you to adjust your files to be more in line with the CSU ATI requirements.
- Alternative formats which gives the students choices as to the format of the document, including Audio (mp3), PDF, Electronic Braile, ePub and HTML (webpage).
Accessibility score indicators
The Accessibility Score is a rating method that Ally provides to instructors, so you can see at a glance how accessible your file considered to be. You can then click on the icon in order to read some guidance on how to improve the document's score.
Course-level accessibility report
The Accessibility Report can show you, the instructor, at a glance how all of your course documents rate. Again, you can click on the score and see how the file could be improved.
- Ally Quick Start for Instructors (by Blackboard)
- Blackboard Ally for Canvas (by Case Western Reserve University)
- Ally for LMS Help for Instructors (by Blackboard)
- Overview of ALLY in Canvas (by Yale University)
- What is Ally? (Humboldt State University)
You have now learned a little about Ally and how you can use it in your course