How do I create a repeatable quiz for students to confirm their ability to use Proctorio?
You will learn how to create a one question repeatable, zero point quiz, so students can confirm that Proctorio has been installed and is functioning correctly within Google Chrome and their course in Canvas.
In order to use Proctorio, you will need Google Chrome and the Proctorio Google Chrome browser extension.
After installing Google Chrome and the Proctorio extension, you must enable Proctorio for use with quizzes. This must be done before using Proctorio for the first time.
Please remember to review UPS documents regarding online instruction requirements for syllabus info on equipment and internet connection requirements, recording of class sessions, accessibility, etc. Many items are addressed in this document:
Policy on Online Instruction (UPS 411.104).
Proctorio is only compatible with Class Quizzes.
1. Enter your Canvas course and scroll down the course navigation menu to Quizzes.
2. Click on the blue +Quiz button.
3. Select Classic Quizzes and then click Submit.
Note: Proctorio only functions with Classic Quizzes.
4. Name the quiz.
5. Select Graded Quiz from drop down menu.
6. Select Allow Multiple Attempts.
7. Select Enable Proctorio Secure Exam Proctor.
8. Fill out Assign box.
9. Click Save on the bottom right corner.
10. Create questions for the quiz by clicking the Questions tab.
If you do not want the quiz to affect your gradebook, the questions can be set to zero points.
Note: For more detailed instructions on how to create a quiz in Canvas, use the Canvas Instructor Guide and scroll down to the quizzes section in the table of contents.
11. Click on New Question button to create your question.
12. Click Save when done.
You have now learned how to create a practice quiz that students can use to verify that they have installed Proctorio correctly and that it works with the Quiz tool.